What is a Virtual Assistant?
You might have heard the term “Virtual Assistant”, or perhaps VA – but do you know what one is?
Or what a virtual assistant might be able to do for you or for your business?
Before you get carried away, we’re not talking artificial intelligence, robots, cyborgs or scary Stepford-style androids… well not at this point anyway! (Although I’m sure if that’s what you’re after then they’ll be a tech genius somewhere who can help you. But not me.)
What is a virtual assistant?
Let’s break down the term using definitions from the Cambridge Dictionary:
“Virtual” – as an adjective, “something that is virtual can be done or seen using a computer and therefore without going anywhere or talking to anyone.”
“Assistant” – is defined as “someone who helps someone else to do a job”.
Not so confusing now is it? A Virtual Assistant, (VA) is someone who can help you do your job by working with you even when they’re not sitting next to you in your office. A VA will support you with whatever you want or need, help with.
There are a whole host of virtual assistant services and ways to support business owners, consultants, coaches, entrepreneurs – and pretty much anyone to be honest.
You can get specialist VAs who might support you particularly with your marketing, accounts or help you with a more typical personal assistant (PA) style support, or business/industry specific tasks. You can also get lifestyle VAs who will literally organise your life and home for you. (I’m not one of these but I wish I had one… maybe one day – it can be a very wise decision to outsource!)
Are you intrigued by the idea of working with a VA?
So that’s a brief overview, of “what” a VA is, but if you’re reading this then you might still have questions:
- Do I need a virtual assistant?
- Am I ready to work with a virtual assistant?
- How do I choose a virtual assistant?
- How much does a virtual assistant cost?
- What are the benefits of working with a virtual assistant?
Don’t panic – I’ve written posts that answer all of these questions and that provide a lot more information. Just click the links above – if there’s no link, it’s coming soon!
If you’d like specifics about what services I personally offer then you have two options –
- Book a Discovery Call to find out more about how I can help you
- Check out my services. (However, the list there isn’t exhaustive so if you have a task that you’d MUCH prefer to delegate then message me as I’m sure I’ll be able to help – and if I can’t? Well, I’ll help you find someone who can!